Thursday, August 14, 2008

M Cafe: A good choice if you are a hungover vegan going to work on the westside


My friend Phil and I had a super excellent time dancing the night away at a party at Custom Hotel on Tuesday. Unfortunately, that meant that Wednesday was a bit of a headache-y nightmare. After getting about three hours of sleep, I spent the whole drive to work trying to keep my eyelids pried open while deciding where to go to get a good old fashioned hangover breakfast. I settled on this tofu scramble from M Cafe.

The scramble itself was actually kinda gross. The only flavor came from onions which is fine but it's bland next to other scrambles which have herbs/spices/sauces to pump them up. No matter though, I was hungover, remember? So of course I totally ate most of them. The sides were the better part of the meal: tempeh bacon, a tasty sweet potato hash with bell peppers, strawberries, and really awesome toast made with a sweet cranberry walnut bread.

Not the best meal, but when you've had one too many mojitos:
alcohol-soaking-up ability > taste

So danke, M Cafe!


M Cafe de Chaya
9343 Culver Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
310.838.4300

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you just crushed my dreams. i have been looking forward to trying breakfast at m cafe forever! damn. it's bland? really!?!?! that sux. anyway, i will keep it in mind next time i am feeling hungover and/or not too picky.

¡Yo Soy Liz! said...

You should still try it, just don't get the scramble. I bet their french toast (which is made with that delicious bread) or their breakfast panini are really good. I just ordered the wrong thing.

Destiny's Kitchen said...

I really wish restaurants would refrain from serving bland tofu dishes, especially since it has such potential for deliciousness. Glad to hear that it was an acceptable hangover brekkie.