Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Indian restaurant's are a jolly good place for vegheads!


I have been trying to get my mom to be vegetarian for years. It makes no sense that she isn't one already--she is the one who got me into animal rights in the first place as a kid and she gives money to four different animal charities every month. I finally got through to her and she recently gave up meat (although she is still a pescatarian).

She is still getting used to having to order meatless meals in restaurants so while she was in town visiting I wanted her to see how limitless the vegetarian diet is. I had to take her to the best Indian place on my side of town: Electric Lotus. We created our own feast of Veggie Korma, Chana Masala, rice, and nan. The nan actually isn't vegan, which I'm glad our waitress warned me about, so I stuck to the rice. Everything was perfectly spiced and we left with plenty left over for lunch the next day. We also ordered some samosas which were the best I've ever had. Sometimes they can leave a bitter aftertaste, but these were a little sweeter than usual.

There aren't as many Indian options East of Vermont as there are, say, in West Hollywood, and I haven't even been able to try the other ones yet because I like EL so much I can't bear to pass it up!


Electric Lotus
1870 Vermont Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323) 953-0040

2 comments:

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

Just stopping in to say how much I'm enjoying your blog and that I'm passing along the Brillante Weblog Award to you! Details on my blog. Love your snappy writing style.

Anonymous said...

ummm DUDE, i love your blog. i totally identify with the parents-veg thing. at least your mom cut out meat with legs! my parents still consume it all, even though NEVER in my presence. heh heh heh. i haven't tried electric lotus out yet, but i am a TOTAL curry snob and your pix make it look worthy. thanks!